Is it often hard to motivate yourself to get to the gym? You’re not alone. Many people struggle to find motivation for working out and consistently come up with excuses for not doing so. When you work out with a POUND fitness class in Columbia, though, we’re sure you’ll feel energized and be inspired to keep coming and to be healthier.
What Is POUND?
Never heard of POUND before? Don’t worry. POUND is a group fitness class that incorporates cardio, conditioning, and strength training through yoga- and pilates-inspired movements. The workout gets even better with loud, exhilarating music that keeps you going. Each participant uses Ripstix®: drumsticks that are built specifically for exercising so you can drum along with the beat while toning your arms.
Benefits Of POUND
If you’re looking for a new fitness program that delivers results and will keep you coming to the gym, POUND may be a match for you.
- Burn up to 900+ calories per hour
- Sculpt and strengthen muscles you don’t often use
- Decrease stress through drumming
- Improve your coordination, speed, rhythm, endurance, and more
- Meet new people in a fun environment
Counting reps or checking the clock relentlessly shouldn’t be a part of your gym routine. With POUND, the music and the movements keep you focused and engaged. Before long, you’ll have done up to 15,000 reps, used more than 70 techniques, and done more than 30 extended interval peaks. POUND is an effective workout for your whole body, even your mind. After you come to a class or two, POUND may just be your favorite workout style. Group exercise classes are great for motivating you to get to the fitness center, but they’re also a great way to meet new people and get more involved in your community.
What To Expect
When you come to a POUND fitness class with us in Columbia, you can expect to sweat and to have fun in a fast-paced environment. .
- Our POUND workouts are 45 minutes total. When you’re working out for short amounts of time, it’s only fair to pack it all in and work out as hard as you can.
- Most participants will wear loose workout clothing. A hip-hop style clothing is appropriate for the music-oriented classes, but anything you’re comfortable working out in is great.
- You’ll use Ripstix®, lightly weighted exercise drumsticks that will intensify each position, work out your shoulders, biceps, triceps, forearms, and back, and increase your balance and stabilization. These drumsticks will add ¼ pound extra weight.
- You’ll be tired afterward, but you’ll have fun and feel energized throughout the fitness exercises. The rhythm of the drumming will help your brain focus on the task at hand.
Why Fit Central?
If you’re looking to switch up your gym routine in a fun, effective way, you should try POUND fitness at Fit Central in Columbia. We provide childcare, have amazing instructors who can personalize movements for you, and have plenty of other classes to choose from. Even better, your first class is on us. Sign up today!